[IW] report: meeting @ LACS re crosswalk safety (long)

Sharon Ahlers seahlers at twcny.rr.com
Mon Oct 19 17:21:29 CDT 2015

Thanks, Dave, for this informative synopsis of the last meeting.

The comments made at this meeting reinforce, for me, the sense that
there's something wrong with the City's budget priorities. We can afford
a glass roof & signs on the Commons and landscaping for city parks and
so many other projects, but we can't afford to paint crosswalks
properly, to enforce the speed limits, or to address other safety issues
that would protect pedestrians, especially children.

Sharon Ahlers
Hector Street