[IW] Indian Creek meeting set for Nov 5

LindaGrace-Kobas lindagk at twcny.rr.com
Fri Oct 30 13:24:05 CDT 2015

Dear Friends --

The Indian Creek Neighborhood Association will hold a meeting on Thursday, Nov. 5 at 6:30 p.m. at the Racker Centers, 3226 Wilkins Rd.

The meeting will give our community an opportunity to discuss the future of the Indian Creek woods in an open forum. We are eager to hear your ideas about how we can go forward to develop a plan that takes into account the quality of life on West Hill and also the environmental importance of the woods and wetlands.

As we reported earlier this week, the county legislature's Government Operations Committee on Oct. 27 tabled a proposal by county planning commissioner Ed Marx to authorize listing the 26 acres of land on the open real estate market. Committee chairman Dan Klein said the committee will review proposals from our community on what should be done with the woods. The next meeting of the committee will be Nov. 24.

Thanks to the leadership of Dan Klein, our community now has an opportunity to participate in determining the future of this important parcel of land.

So -- now the ball is in our court. We have worked very hard over the past two years to prevent the 26 acres of woods and wetlands at Indian Creek from being developed. Now we must come up with a plan for this environmentally sensitive area.

Please plan to attend our upcoming meeting to be part of this exciting project. If you cannot attend the meeting, send your thoughts and ideas to indiancreek at twcny.rr.com and we will ensure that they are heard.

This is our chance to respond to the crisis of climate change by safeguarding the Cayuga Lake watershed, preserving natural habitat and being responsible stewards of land that is entrusted to our care. Join us!

Indian Creek Neighborhood Association