[IW] People’s State of the Union Storytelling Event January 28th

Sarah K. Chalmers skc.simmons at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 14:52:15 CST 2016

*“People’s State of the Union” Event Announced in Ithaca*

What: Second annual participatory storytelling event to reflect on the
State of our Union (http://ccetompkins.org/story
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fccetompkins.org%2Fstory&h=kAQFwI51Z&enc=AZP4OgRfjIrDm_USH9nSx5kkEM_NHE2pn6MeFvh1jQgxAzpoLr_wKrTuk_7cVqJjibE&s=1>
)

When: Thursday, January 28th. Refreshments, music & sign-in at 6:30 p.m.;
Storytelling at 7 p.m.

Where: The History Center in Tompkins County (401 E. State Street, #100
Gateway Center building – free parking in rear)

How to Participate: Free! PLEASE let organizers know you are coming by
signing up at http://ccetompkins.org/story
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fccetompkins.org%2Fstory&h=kAQFwI51Z&enc=AZP4OgRfjIrDm_USH9nSx5kkEM_NHE2pn6MeFvh1jQgxAzpoLr_wKrTuk_7cVqJjibE&s=1>

**
Every year, the U.S. President gives his views on the State of the Union.
What if “We the People” reflected in our own communities on the state of
our union locally, nationally, globally? During the week of January 23-31,
2016, groups from across the country—including Ithaca—will be joining our
stories, creativity, and voices together to supplement the President’s
stories with our own.

Ithaca area’s second annual People’s State of the Union (#PSOTU2016) event
is supported by Civic Ensemble, CCE-Tompkins County, the Multicultural
Resource Center, and The History Center in Tompkins County. Volunteers from
the community will facilitate “story circles” to make sure everyone’s voice
is heard. Local artists and musicians are donating their time and
creativity to the event, too. Beginning at 6:30 p.m., the public is invited
to come together to enjoy free refreshments and music and share personal
stories about our own experiences of life in this nation.

The event is open to all, but space is limited. Please reserve your spot by
sending your name and email address (in case of weather-related schedule
changes) to PSOTU14850 at gmail.com or by filling out the form on our webpage
at http://ccetompkins.org/story
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fccetompkins.org%2Fstory&h=QAQHbOUwp&enc=AZNaf6gmofxH-H5jgxZAsNU3oGyTKdHHVejjiL61dwWYbrxgKIyxSXza5Y2gtJoW_Bg&s=1>.Free
childcare and transportation assistance are available; please contact
PSOTU14850 at gmail.com.

The national action is organized by the US Department of Arts and Culture (
http://usdac.us/
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fusdac.us%2F&h=MAQENP-pM&enc=AZMdv3t6hL8fZ1-P0RGgYjktwab0uvl04FsUwsu9TTJNqGtiuuONbrYfhQN-xkmvFRY&s=1>),
a “people-powered” organization seeking to mobilize creativity in the
service of social justice. The USDAC is not a government agency.

--
Sarah K. Chalmers
Director of Civic Engagement

*SAVE THE DATE*
ReEntry Theatre Program

*Now in its second yearOriginal short plays by those who have been
incarcerated*
Performances March 25 & 26, 2015
7:30 pm at the Hangar Theatre